Monday, May 12, 2008

Americorps Week '08

This week is Americorps week, a week designed to recognize active and alumni Americorps while actively recruiting fresh blood into the service world.

Personally I really like the "Rosie the Riveter" esck style logo.

In celebration of my service today I got a deliciouso chocolate pastry from my supervisor that was absolutely amazing with my morning coffee.

Theres also a group of VISTA's, myself included, who are going to push back from our normal task of capacity building and do some direct service with a poverty serving organization. We are volunteering for a shift at Second Helpings, an organization that accepts extra food from restaurants and turns it into meals for other poverty serving agencies. They also provide free lunches to VISTA's when ever we are in the area and this is our way of giving back to their organization.

No comments: